- Technical, including Movement, Agility, Balance and Control
- Psychological and Confidence
- Physical and Fitness
Developing these skills into more complex, efficient and effective skills.
The Academy Coaching Staff have a keen interest in developing Goalkeepers and have experience of working with beginners through to elite keepers. Coaches have achieved level 1 to level 3 FA coaching qualifications, are CRB checked and hold First Aid and Safeguarding Certificates.
The philosophy of the Academy is to enhance performance and develop future potential, ultimately earning a respected reputation from clubs and associations. Additionally, the Academy sessions can be used as a training ground for the next generation of Goalkeepers and Coaches, under mentor supervision. The Academy’s longer term aims are therefore:
- To enhancing research in the Coaching of Goalkeepers
- To be identified as a centre for Goalkeeper research
- Become a centre of excellence for Worcestershire Goalkeepers and Goalkeeper Coaches